Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Beth


Happy Birthday Beth! I love you.
Three little words-I love you. How easily they roll off my tongue. I can't remember a conversation that didn't end with me saying those words to you or you to me. You learned way too early that tomorrow isn't a given. Because of you, there is no doubt in my mind the very last words my mother heard me say. So often, you have been my teacher, my inspiration, and my friend.
I love you means-I know all about your faults-those faults don't make you less than perfect-only human. I hope you know that any mistake isn't really a mistake if you learn from it-it's a lesson. I think at your age, I wracked up a lot more lessons than you have.
If I give you a hard time about giving me a granddaughter (or son)-it's only because I want you to enjoy the same joy I have in knowing that you have given the world an incredible gift. A gift that keeps on giving. There is no doubt in my mind that you, Paul, and Lauren will leave the world a much better than the one in which you were born.
When I look in your eyes, I see a bright and wonderful future. Full of promise.
I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are.
I love you.

No comments: