Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Art of Burrowing

When Dwight and I baby sat Loki, we thought it was so cute that he would "burrow"-he'd go under the covers to the bottom of the bed and sleep. I'm sure there's not a lot of air down there, but apparently there's enough and he'd get there and not move until it was time to get going in the morning. Dixie does it too. If I'm curled up on the couch with a blanket, she's right beside me or under the blanket. Today she went burrowing in the blankets by herself. She's too short to jump on the bed just yet-I was washing sheets and the blanket was on the floor. I heard some yelping.It sounded like she was in dire straits so I came running to the bedroom only to find this little lump under the blanket running in circles on the floor. She got in and couldn't find her way out. I rescued her from the oppresive blanket and was rewarded with tons of puppy kisses.

No comments: