Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1st

To many people, today is just an ordinary day-a Wednesday-and really a day of no importance. There are ten more days until Casey's Birthday and thirty days until Beth's Birthday. Seventeen until Beth and Jody celebrate their very first anniversary. To me, October first starts fall. I know the calendar says it starts sometime in September-but that's for the fools that have Christmas decorations out with their pumpkins. So it's finally October, and now my fall decorations can come out. There's the pumpkin, spider web, and the little ghosts. Candy corn in the candy dishes and time for caramel apples. If you look real hard-you might find the Halloween candy I've hidden from Dwight and Lauren. I don't have little ones to dress up or plan a costume for-so I sit waiting for my sister to post pictures of her adorable little ones. I don't think she can top her costume from last year-a friggin' jellyfish that glowed-but she's full of surprises.
There's fall festivals and Harrison has their "Homecoming" on the square this weekend. I might get to go if I'm not helping Dwight with deer meat.
Meanwhile, I hear caramel apples calling my name.

No comments: