Saturday, November 1, 2014

Birthdays

 So today Momma would have been 72. Sometimes, I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's really gone. There are so many times I want to call and tell her about something-or I'll see something and think "I can't wait to show Mom", and that won't ever happen again. So today I had planned to drown my feelings and everything else in some really good Dr. Pepper and Rum.
But sometimes fate steps in and you have to roll with it.
For some reason, the only time Xander's mom could get the party room was today. So Xander is having his second birthday today. I'll be there. I want the little booger to know how much I love him. We'll take pictures, play games, eat cake, and open presents. I'll smile and be nice. I'll even sing the birthday song-it won't matter if I sound funny-I 've never been known for my vocal talents anyway.
Then I'll come home and not be able to tell my mom about the party or how excited Xander was to eat cake-and I'll have more than one Dr. Pepper and rum.

No comments: