Monday, February 11, 2008

God must be busy

Friday, I drove through the small town of Clinton. It's usually just a very small town-a Walmart, a KFC, a Sonic, a really nice retirement village, and some nice country homes. But, this small little town looked like a war zone. I know the tornadoes went through Thursday, but the reports did not mention how serious the damage was to this small picturesque community. Huge trees and debris were every where. There were several cars overturned on the side of the street and in one large parking lot. Power lines were down everywhere and as I traveled slowly through I was glad AP & L had shut down at least one lane to tend to things. Fast foward to Sunday afternoon-on my trip home. I hear the song by Brooks and Dunne "God Must Be Busy" and I marvel at how much the town has changed in the space of 48 hours- A ton of debris has been cleared-there are still large trees to be cut up, but you can see all of the houses and their driveways-some of the powerlines are righted. The streets are cleared. All of the cars and trucks are righted. Some roofs are already being repaired. People are outside helping any way that they can. KFC is now back in business, and if God wasn't busy-the good people of the Natural State sure were.

No comments: