Monday, August 2, 2021

Up to my ears in ears and maters and peppers and beans

 We finally pulled the corn this weekend. Not that I'm finished with tomatoes, peppers, or beans. 

So far I've made three black berry cobblers that require four cups of black berries and I think I've put up six bags of four cups each so if you're not up to the math that's 36 cups of black berries. Plus 2 batches of blackberry jelly. These luscious berries didn't pick themselves. 

Then, I put up 6 pints of green tomatoes. An experiment. Will advise if this is good for humans or gets thrown to the chickens. 

Canned 21 quarts of green beans. Canning isn't the hard part-it's keeping the beans weeded, watered, and snapped. 

Put up two quarts of jalapenos so far (they're just getting going good-the fools love the heat).

Put up two quarts of bell peppers-my colors this year are purple, orange, white, and green. 

I put up 12 gallons of corn and still have some left in the refrigerator to process. 

I've made mint tea and extract.

Two batches of strawberry jam. Peach jam. Blueberry jam.

I've water glassed three containers of eggs (if this actually works I'll write another blog about water glassing).

And sometimes... I'm ready for a vacation.

No comments: