Friday, August 13, 2021

Dancing the night away

 Yesterday, I ran across a version of the song "You are my Sunshine". It was sung by Willie Nelson and Leon Russell and had a slight jazzy edge to it. I just love it. Love it so much that I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to it over and over. My poor husband happened to walk through just as the song was starting over and I grabbed him for a dance. He told me he can't dance, and I told him that I didn't care and we danced around the kitchen. He can dance but may not like it but you couldn't tell that he was unhappy by the smile on his face. That smile and the way he looked at me...sigh. This dancing thing might be repeated. It was so nice to see his smile and his eyes twinkle with love. That song has always reminded me of 3 am feedings and singing to get someone back to sleep and now I have one more good memory associated with that song. Thanks Willie. Thanks Leon. 

No comments: