Friday, October 18, 2013

Toast

I'm writing this down so I can practice ahead of time-and try not to cry and not speak too fast and try to speak clearly. This is what is supposed to come out of my mouth tonight:

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for taking time out of their busy lives to help Beth and Jody start theirs. Your presence and time is precious to them.
Secondly, I 'd like to thank the Carsons for an outstanding rehearsal dinner and an even more perfect groom. You've raised him well. He has excellent taste.
I'd also like to thank Mike Schuller. It wasn't easy raising a daughter to be this wonderful-I couldn't have done it without him. A special thanks to Patty and Dwight-for being the  step parents that they didn't have to be.
When Beth first asked me to be her matron of honor-after I finished crying-I thought about the beautiful young women that would stand beside her today. To all of the single men, I'm sorry but they're already spoken for.  So young and beautiful. I asked her to reconsider and she told me that there's no one else she'd have as her matron of honor-besides I wouldn't be the oldest one up there.But I am. You see there's a reason Jody has 2 boutoneier's on his lapel. His dad and his best man is watching from heaven.
I think it's really wonderful that Jody's dad has a special place in his heart and I have the same space in Beth's. I'm so glad that they have something in common other than their love of books, starbucks, and Zombies. Jody-please don't let her become a crazy cat lady-the vegetarian thing is bad enough.
This comes from an unknown author but "It is wriiten when Children find true love, parents find true joy. (Raise glass) Beth and Jody-"Here's to your love and our joy from this day forward" Congratulations.....!!!!!!!

No comments: