Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Bucket List 2013 (thanks Leeble)

After reading Lee's list of things to do this summer, I have become inspired and made a list of my own.

1. Teach Xander to blow bubbles and/or dandelions.
2. Watch a meteor shower from the field-hopefully there will be one on the weekends.
3. Keep up with my jamming-I'd really like to make twelve varieties this year. Last year, I made peach, strawberry, blueberry, and muscadine. I should also make sassafras, blackberry, apple, plum, mint, rasberry, orange marmalade,  and kiwi.
4. Make homemade ice cream! I've done this before and don't make time for it.
5.Make homemade rootbeer-got the recipe off Pinterest-gathering ingredients now-Champagne yeast-wtf?
6.Play with glow in the dark chalk-really curious about this stuff.
7. Read a book-not a magazine-but a real book each month. Any recommendations that are not over a thousand pages? The last book I really enjoyed was "The Help".
8. Go skinny dipping go swimming as often as possible.
9.Have a fish fry once every month during the summer(complete with beer and hushpuppies)And slaw.
10.Watch the Sun come up with Dwight.
11. Ride once a week (good luck on this one in the heat), but the girls have a weight problem as big as mine.
12.Kidnap a neice or nephew for a week
13.Learn something new-would love to learn to crochet or sew or calligraphy or etch on glass.

No comments: