Saturday, November 20, 2010

This bud's for you


This is my deer. In case the image isn't clear enough, it has eight points. The spread(measurement between the outer antlers) is eighteen inches.If I didn't understand hunting before, a lot has been cleared up. There is no way to describe what it feels like to get the shot and take it. I don't feel guilty killing Bambi's dad-there's just one less deer for me to hit with the Yaris. I actually got the shot coming home because body parts had become numb. I had no rest and no tree to stand behind. I was sneaking through the woods headed towards heat and heard him in the distance. I kept quiet and kept moving-and so did he. When I got him in the cross hairs of the scope I pulled the trigger and I saw him go down. Then, my husband showed me how to follow a near impossible blood trail. These antlers are going up on the wall.

No comments: