Monday, November 22, 2010

One among millions

It's around 7 am and I've been on the computer since 4. This isn't unusual. It's something I do after Dwight leaves for work. Wish I could say I was shopping on Ebay, but you have to have money to do that. Most people with money have JOBS. So, I like millions of Americans look for work. Almost on a daily basis. It's so easy to get discouraged. And I vow not to let it get me down, but there are so many really talented people out of work. They're good at what they do.They have the education, the desire, and the skill to work-but the jobs just aren't there. I'm lucky-I have a man that loves and supports me. He even helps me look for a job sometimes. We have a wonderful house and three refrigerators full of food. Every bill we have is paid. I know where my next meal is coming from(the refrigerator). We're not living on easy street-maybe Happy street, but things would be easier if I did get a job. Seriously, I talk to the chickens every morning and the horses and Chalupa too. The rooster tries to attack. The horses neigh, and Chalupa just wants to cuddle a little longer.
I would ask that you pray for me, but I'm gonna be a little greedier. I want you to pray for me and the millions like me-that our economy gets better and that more jobs are created and people can start believing in the American dream again. Not even in just believing in it but living it. Wouldn't that be great? People living the American dream in America.

1 comment:

Older not wiser said...

One in 25 people have been looking for a job for 27 weeks.