Monday, November 8, 2010

Another sound.."Oh, shit"

While hunting this weekend, I heard lots of neat new sounds. I imagine people near me heard some too.
It all started innocently enough. I was sitting in my blind, being very still, and looking for game and along came the game. I positioned my gun (my very own gun) and took careful, careful aim. The last thing I remember before pulling the trigger was my husband telling me to be careful because I have a tendancy to aim a little high and so I lowered my site just a wee bit. Kerblam!! And then I went out to see if there was a blood trail or any sign that I had actually shot the animal. Nope. None. Nada. Zilch. Which is a little surprising, I have pretty good aim for a beginner.
Then walking back to the blind, hubby and I notice a hole in the blind. Straight towards the area I was aiming for- Hubby, later patiently, explained that this little bit of fabric might have offset the bullet. So now he tells people that his wife killed her blind. Notice how it has become my blind.
I kinda said "oh, shit"
But I think my father-in-law had the right idea, he told my hubby that look at the bright side-she's not afraid to shoot. The whole family is still laughing. So glad to amuse everybody.Can't wait for next weekend.

No comments: