Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Obama isn't my favorite

No, this isn't a rant against our president. Not really. Watching the news last night, there was a headline that caught my eye and sunk my heart. Obama and his advisors have agreed to pull all of the troops out of Afganistan by the end of 2014. Thirteen years after the war had started.
Little comfort to those of us with children in the military. I did receive some good news from this child of mine-her deployment has been set back 6 months. Instead of deploying in October of 2011-she'll deploy in June of 2012 unless Obama and his boys get a little bit more serious about this stuff. If either of his daughters was set to deploy, he would be a little bit more commited to ending this conflict. I know ending conflicts is a difficult,long, hard process but thirteen years? That is ridiculous and you can tell him I said so.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You know I'm proud to serve my country, mom. Besides, the Army pays for my school, so you never had to. It was a nice plus.