Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Times change

 Times change-they really do. At least twice a year, there's day light savings. Now it's almost sunrise when I head to work and there's a couple of hours of day light when I get home. The best thing? Watching the sun set on the front porch or from my bed (don't judge occasionally bed time comes early for this ol'girl). I love the spring. Planting more flowers. I'm so excited. I got a great deal on some naked lady bulbs and now have two huge bags to plant. My lavender seeds have sprouted and that dream of having a row of lavender is closer to becoming a reality. I didn't kill the peony when I separated it last year so now I have three bushes coming up. The butterfly bush is blooming a magnificent purple. The dog woods are blooming. There's violets through out the yard. My pansies(planted last fall) are going crazy and are the most obnoxious yellow I have ever seen, but I love it. I love all of it. I love watching Dwight head to the garden in his overalls. He's planted cabbage, radishes, carrots, and sugar snap peas so far. I've planted gourds and pumpkins. Lots more to plant and while we're at it- we might want to get the hot tub up and running. Much easier to work harder with that thing around. 

No comments: