Thursday, April 22, 2021

Productive morning time

 During the work week, my alarm goes off at 4 am. I start getting ready for work at 5 am and leave by 5:30, so that gives me sixty minutes to get some stuff done. I usually wash dishes, fold some clothes (both done this morning) and try to tackle some sort of cleaning or try to sew for thirty minutes after I enjoy half a cup of coffee. When I drink that wonderful half cup of coffee, I sit down and I might look at my phone or just pet the dogs in my lap. This morning I was petting the dogs and looking at my face book and on my feed is a post from a dear friend. She's grieving over the loss of her dacshund of thirteen years. So many cute pictures and so many memories and thirteen years just doesn't seem long enough. Then, I look at the wiggle butts in my lap and I put down my phone and I snuggle, scratch behind ears, and pat tummies . We play fetch and absolutely nothing else gets done. But I laugh and they wag their little tails and that's probably a lot more productive than vacuuming or dusting. Excuse the mess, we're making memories.

No comments: