Friday, April 16, 2021

Trying not to think about it

 We're closing in on the end of April. This month only has 30 days and yet mass shootings number 28 so far. And I'm trying not to think about having one mass shooting per day.

And I'm trying not to think about the latest shooting at a FedEx Ground facility last night. Eight people have lost their lives and their next of kin have not been notified because the area is still a crime scene. It's pretty complicated because that hub employed over 4,500 people. It could have been much, much worse but that's no consolation to those that have just had their worlds torn apart. I can't imagine waiting and not knowing. I'm trying not to think about it.

I'm trying not to think about a world where people don't feel safe or loved because it's a world I know nothing of. 

I feel safe in my little paradise on the mountain. I feel loved when I unexpectedly receive a "snap chat" , a phone call, a visit, a hug, or a kiss. I thank God every day for the blessings He's given me and I pray for those that need them...

and I try not to think about hurting, being scared, and receiving bad news. 

No comments: