Saturday, April 13, 2013

My kid wore what?

As long as there has been clothing around, kids have worn clothing of which their parents did not approve. My shorts were too short and for a short period of time Mom thought I was going to break my neck in certain heels (this particular fashion choice changed when I started dating shorter guys). At one time, jeans were considered taboo. Bikinis were scandalous ( I love the picture of Marty Schuller in one such scandalous bikini). Each generation struggles with the fashion choices of its offspring. I thank God daily that my son has not adopted the saggy britches. I'll forgive him scrubs in public as long as he's employed in the medical profession. I loved the uniforms in Catholic schools. This happened this week:

Me (to Lauren): Are you staying warm?

Lauren: Yes, I'm in my fuzzy pj's.

Me: Thought you were supposed to be in class?

Lauren: I am

Me: Your mother raised you better.

Lauren: This ain't my mama's freezin' legs ( a reference to Miranada Lamberts' "This ain't my mama's broken heart)

oh well.. I guess I'm glad she didn't ditch class.

No comments: