Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gambling problem

 I might have thought for one brief moment that I have a gambling problem. Every Friday night that I work I buy myself one lottery ticket for every hour that I work-ten tickets-opened religiously every hour on the dot. I don't spend a lot. Most of the time they're the one dollar tickets, but occasionally I splurge and buy some that cost two dollars a piece so I might be out a whole twenty bucks. Most of the time I get about half of my money back-so  I have to console myself with the fact that I'm helping students(Arkansas Lottery Scholarship) and the special needs girl that uses the losing tickets for second chance prizes. But on one particular night, I spent ten dollars and won eighty. Happy woman that night.
Which brings me to today. I was waiting patiently to pay for gas-just gas-no lottery tickets because it's not Friday and I can't buy them ahead of time-the anticipation kills me and this elderly man was buying lottery tickets-the biggies. Twenty dollars a pop and he kept buying them and kept buying them.The clerk asked how many more he wanted and he said he didn't know-he just wanted to buy one at a time and once he won he would quit. He won five hundred dollars. I would have loved to know how much he spent before he won that five hundred. Now I really don't think that my ten little tickets are a big problem. By the way, I buy them all at once-very quickly.
Buck-n-ducks! Fat Cat! Three times Lucky(really false avertising)!Pac man! Gems! only 2 more days til lottery day.

1 comment:

Older not wiser said...

This Friday it was Fantastic 5's-won a whole five dollars.