Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meat madness

Oklahoma to allow horses to be slaughtered for meat. Read the article if you can. I can't imagine doing this to a horse. Yes, I know they can be a pain in the butt-I've been thrown, kicked, and knocked to the ground.  Daisy continually gets her foot caught in bob wire when she stomps the fence and she's left a rider to walk when she didn't feel like waiting. Sassy hates mud and will jump over it even if you're not ready or don't want her too. They bicker for no reason and will roll in the dirt after having a bath but dinner?  Think I'll stick to sushi.
Yes, I know deer are similar, but I've never hit a horse with a car. The horses don't jump the fence to ruin my garden (I think they would if they could). And you have to hunt deer-they have a chance to get away so I prefer to think that only the really dumb ones are being weeded out. Darwinism at work.

No comments: