Saturday, December 24, 2011

The perfect Christmas

For reasons I'm not ready to discuss, I wanted this Christmas to be perfect. I've been working hard at it for weeks..technically months. Presents were wrapped-three a day since Thanksgiving-even more if my mood and time permitted. Cards were sent on time. Menu for this weekend planned two weeks ago-and the kids arrived Thurday as planned and that's where things going as planned ended. I told Beth and Jody we would do Christmas the 23rd. I told Lauren and Shane we would do Christmas the 24th. I told Heath both dates.Chris was totally confused and Paul was in his own little world.
We ended having a nice little celebration on the 23rd with all five kids. Dwight saw the big box sometime late Thurday night and was not surprised by the tv.
Christmas Eve found us at Dwight's Dad's house for a nice dinner-again I agonized over what to get his sister,dad, neice, and nephews-and they were surprised and happy. Everyone was happy-it was nice to just sit and talk and tell stories and laugh.
Nothing went as planned but better than I hoped .

No comments: