Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Five Days and counting

Only five more days until Christmas. Cards are sent. I am my mother's child-which means I found the books and bears meant for my nephews after I had sent the stuff to Austin. Christmas decorations are up(Dwight I'll take the ornaments off the deer antlers if you help me with some outside lights). Stockings are stuffed and hid-I'll fake those kids off yet. I have three things to buy and I can pick them up in less than 10 minutes so I'm basically DONE.I've made some kind of candy every day this week and Lauren and Beth have promised to help me make more. Mistletoe is hung. I have a real tree-that makes the house smell wonderful. Some one has hid my Elvis Christmas CD-so I'm singing with the radio-and one of our three stations has gone all Christmas. I've wanted to have all the kids together for a long,long time and it just might happen. Beth's car isn't working but Jody will bring her up for a couple of days. Paul's short on gas money-so he's hitching a ride with Beth. Lauren's boss has given her some much needed time off. Chris was supposed to go see his mom but decided to stay for Christmas. Heath will be with us until Christmas eve night so... I may actually have all five kids together at once. They want to know what I want for Christmas-I want to have them together-all my kids together at once so I'm not missing anyone. It's purely selfish and there's no rationalization for me wanting this to happen. They're not blood kin-just people that I love very dearly-and if I make them do a group hug-I hope someone gets a picture.

No comments: