Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hunting Blog

As you may have noticed, I've changed my profile picture-and so those people sensitive to animal rights may be a little less offended(Hi-Beth), but upon doing so I feel obligated to update everyone on my hunting endeavors.You will notice that my deer picture from last year remained up the entire length of deer season this year-that's because there were no new kills from me.I tried- froze my butt off several mornings-saw brief parts of deer running away-and a hog-but nothing killed and no new pictures.BUT, I've been given a pretty nifty double-barrel shotgun-good for squirrel and the likes-and do you realize there are just two months that you aren't allowed to shoot squirrel in Arkansas(April and May).
I went squirrel hunting for the second time today-and got a shot off but I was in such a hurry to load the gun I forgot to load both barrels and only got one shot off  Such a rookie mistake..Maybe the day will come when I can shoot a squirrel with just one shot-but that day hasn't arrived yet. This evening, Dwight has promised to take me rabbit hunting if I'm careful not to shoot the beagles. Loading both barrels before I leave.

No comments: