Friday, December 31, 2010

Ten for 2010

As 2010 ends, I'm sharing ten things I've learned this year so you'll already be smarter than me.

1. The best traditions aren't planned-and so I'll hang the ugliest stockings on the planet again next year-and try to snap as many pictures of kids with their hands in the air while the countdown goes on.
2. I won't die if I get thrown from a horse-I'll be in pain for days, but I won't die.
3. Just because kids are grown, doesn't mean they don't need their mommy-they still do (a little less frequently).
4. It is possible to make edible biscuits and gravy from scratch.
5. My husband can eat a lot of bad things, but sushi isn't one of them(God bless his little tummy).
6. Horses are a lot like dogs-they like to be fed at a certain time, they love to be petted, they play, they respond to a certain voice, they love treats, and will run others away from the food bowl. They also come if you yell "here doggie".
7. Some people will always cry to movies and songs on the radio-I'm one of them so don't even ask if I switch the station.
8. Learning is fun and it doesn't ever get old-I shot my first deer, made jerky for the first time, caught trout, jumped a creek on a horse.
9.Laughter really is the best medicine.
10.Just because you say goodbye, doesn't mean you forget (RIP Daddy-o)

No comments: