Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Not three-Please

An old superstition is that bad things happen in threes. I'm hoping it's wrong. There was this kid that worked at FedEx for a little while that took his life Monday night. His older sister is 24. I don't know what pushed him over the edge-all I can think about is his mother. She's one of the moms that would move a mountain for her child. Then, Tuesday night, my step son's friend lost his battle with cancer. That young man never saw thirty. Two deaths of very young people.
That's enough. Remember every day is a gift-not a given. Kinda reminds me of something that a very old, wise nun made me recite in Chemistry

I have only just a minute
Only sixty seconds in it
Cast upon me
Didn't see it
Didn't choose it
But it's up to me to use it
I must suffer if I lose it
Give account if I abuse it
I have only just a minute
But eternity is in it

No comments: