Friday, December 4, 2015

No deer today

Well once again Bambi is safe. I saw three does and managed to get a random shot off as they ran past my stand.
But, it was an interesting day to go hunting. The moon was not full but very bright. Bright enough to cast shadows. I walked to my stand solo. Half of the trip I tread very quietly through the leaves gripping my loaded gun. I was being so quiet until the coyote let out a howl. I don't know how close he was, but I made it up my stand in record time. Never mind that the ladder had frost on it and was very slippery-I bounded up all thirteen rungs. Then I watched the stars twinkle for a little bit and the dawn break. I really miss having a good camera when I see something like that-it was a pink, purple sunrise. About thirty or forty minutes after sunrise, a fog rolled in. The fog looked really pretty if you didn't pay attention to the lovely temperature. You would think that the sun's arrival would raise the temperature a degree or two. Nope, a balmy twenty-eight degrees all morning. I think the doe were running to stay warm.
Better luck tomorrow.

No comments: