Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Wishes


As long as I can remember, I have asked my kids to give me a Christmas with at least five things on the list. They should expect only three and I would do my best. When they were toddlers, I did this to make Christmas a little less of an overload of toys-their aunts, uncles, and grandparents all bought for them and it was a LOT. Later, I did it to make things easier on me-I wasn't trying to run down 20 things for each kid and remember where I stashed them. Add to that my hatred of wrapping-and you got it-three things for each kid. Wrapping less than 10 things, This I could handle. Then, Beth got married, I got two step sons, an added daughter,  and a grand child. Still I can handle wrapping for 7 kids. But, things have changed for me. It's not about getting them what they want, it's about seeing them happy. Truly happy. This isn't something I can find in a store or wrap in a box. Honestly, it's not even up to me. The only person that can make you truly happy is yourself. So, I'll pray that they find this happiness. That they love themselves as much as I do and that they realize how uniquely gifted and special that they are.

No comments: