Tuesday, April 1, 2008

California Dreamin'...

My oldest daughter, Beth, left for Monterey, California on Friday morning. It started raining just before her plane took off and hasn't quit for more than 2 hours since. It seems as if the temperature is dropping slowly too. I could have sworn that I heard hail hitting the roof last night. Beth assures me that it's cold in California too-the people coming out of the Pacific Ocean were wearing wet suits to go swimming. I asked her if she got near the water to test it for herself and she just laughed. She told me she watched the people enter and leave the water from a restaurant with a huge glass window. Apparently my girl was happy eating her clam chowder in the heated room watching people and sea lions enjoy the cold beach. Damn-even cold weather sounds better out there!

No comments: