Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Act of Congress...getting the cat spayed

Since early August, there's been a poster announcing a spay and neuter clinic in Newton County and since I have another young female cat-I called and called and left messages trying to make an appointment. I finally got through last Friday only to have them tell me that they were full and I should try in Harrison. Visions of kittens sprang to mind and so I went by the office in Harrison.
The first lady at the desk said they wouldn't be having one for months.What? Don't they realize cats can go into heat twice a year? The second lady told me that they would have one in October-the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Fine-sign her up. Oh no you can't do that until the designated day. When is it? Whenever they get the papers from the vet. No certain day-but it fills up quickly-this was on Friday. Monday, I overslept and didn't make it by their office-and still it was a week way.What were the chances that Monday they would have the papers? So I went by Tuesday-and found out that I should have come by Monday and that they were completely booked.
Vixie had 8 kittens each litter. Her daughter seems to be of the same build and I don't know two people that would take a kitten much less eight.
So I begged Lauren to call Newton County again and see if anyone cancelled. Wednesday was the last day of their clinic and maybe someone might cancell or forget.Fingers and toes crossed. They said have her there by eight am(found this out at 2 am), Great nothing like riding in a car with a crazed cat on four hours of sleep.
Success-she's spayed and I'm supposed to keep her in a quiet place away from other animals, but she went nuts when I attempted to separate her from her mother and brother again so she's sleeping on the back portch.

No comments: