Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

As I do most mornings, I brought up facebook and did a little reading while drinking coffee-my version of getting caught up on current events. My cuz had a bit of info for me-my Grandpa (and hers) was awarded the Bronze Star. I knew about the Purple Heart but the Bronze Star somehow escaped my notice. Harrison really went all out for Veteran's Day-parade, military ball, Wall of Honor (where my daughter was listed), and in general-an attitude of greatfulness for the sacrafices  made.
And so I've been reflecting on those sacrafices-BP made-he never saw his son hit a ball or ride a bike. He never saw his son play in the band or graduate from college. Both his boys played in the band and graduated college. I know he would have been the proud Pa. He missed out on six grandkids and a dozen great-grandchildren. His sister told me that he loved kids and playing jokes...that still continues in his family and I believe that his newest great-grandson has his eyes.

No comments: