Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Out on the Range

So if you watch the old western movies-you've probably heard of "free range" cattle-meaning the cows aren't in any fence and can go where ever they want. Kinda quaint and you probably don't think that happens in the modern day world-and you would be wrong.
I was hunting in the National Forest-looking for squirrel and deer and got very excited when I heard leaves rustle behind me. I turned to look and behind me is a very large black cow with a white face. Fifteen minutes later this sucker gets excited again listening to the leaves behind me-and again the same cow with a grin on her face. This happened three or four more times and the further up the mountain I got-I began to get a little worried-did she think I was going to feed her? Cows don't eat meat do they? Do they like to trample people for fun? I called my dear husband on the walkie talkie and asked him what to do. He said to shoo her away-but by this time she was joined by a couple of her friends. Who just kinda laughed at me and my attempt to scare them away. Happy Trails.

No comments: