Thursday, September 29, 2011

October

So October is finally here. While I love the summer, I hate the stage where it's not quite fall-you never know how to dress and the weather can be ninety or thirty something. The calendar says fall starts the 21st of September but by my calendar- it's October first. That's when the fall decorations come out. The mums get planted. I start hiding Halloween candy from Dwight and the kids-in the hope that I might have some for the two or three trick-or-treaters that come by. The electric blanket comes out of storage-as does the flannel pj's-is there anything better than flannel pj's in the fall?Ok maybe smores by a bonfire. Or popcorn balls made with karo syrup. In putting up my fall decorations-a wreath, some mums, bales of hay-I've decided I need a scare crow. Trying to make one-the best face I can come up with is a pumpkin.I'll post pictures if it's a respectable scare crow. This weekend brings the Harvest Festival in Harrison-people celebrating the fall Harvest.

No comments: