Monday, September 12, 2011

My 9-11

 The night beore 9/11 my daughter called to tell me she has officially received her orders to serve in the War on Terror. Sunday, as I watched the memorial services and listened to the bell tolls I'm reminded of why she feels it's necessary to serve her country. She's told me a million times. This war will be fought either on American soil or over there. It can't be avoided. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I have eight more months to get used to the idea if ever I can. So I'm praying for a miracle-maybe it can end in seven months-even though it's been going on ten years. Hope springs eternal. I'd even forgo my dream of winning the lottery if she got to finish her military obligation in the states. I know she understands how I feel but just in case-let me say I'm very proud of Sargent Schuller.(congrats on the promotion baby girl)

No comments: