Friday, August 27, 2010

Last Day

For weeks now, Julie and the drivers have asked me if I'm counting down the days til I leave. Of course I have. I'm really excited to start my life with one of the most extraordinary men I've ever met. But before that happens, I have to say "Good bye" to FedEx and all of the people there.
For almost 8 years, We've worked through snow storms, ice storms, hurricanes, power outages, and blistery heat. Sometimes the hours have been very long and frustrating. This company has sent me to Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Ft. Meyers... just to name a few. I've been proud to help out in other buildings .
Sometimes when you work with a lot of great people, you tend to take them for granted. Then when you say goodbye, you know you've been a part of something really special.
Loren and I have shared a passion for lottery tickets and sweet tea-I hope his numbers come up. Julie and I love smoothies-drink an Elvis for me.Michelle and Rhonda have brightened my mornings for a long time-ladies if there's a coffee cup just sittin around come Monday-it ain't mine. Jim, I hope your electric stapler works for a long time in spite of the jello. Kara, Lauren keep the beavers, snakes, dogs,crawdads, and hummingbirds out of the office-the cameras work.
Many thanks to my girlfriend, Wayne..see he acquired "girlfriend" status a while ago. He listened to me bitch about things totally not related to the job and understood that my family came first. He never did write me up for calling in to make Beth's bootcamp graduation. I know he's prayed for me and I think it's working. He and Greg have always been the type to share their faith and not push it on anyone. They've been such good influences. Except for the jokes. Greg, it wasn't funny that we didn't have one single phone book intact in the office-still really cool that you can rip one in half. John, I won't ever forget how an eskimo pees.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Aww, it's really hard to leave a place like that who you KNOW is family in one way or the other. Sounds like really great people. Good Luck!!