Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Silver Streak

I couldn't help but notice that my mom hasn't dyed her hair is quite some time. I thought maybe she had just been to busy running the streets and taking care of business. You know Mom takes care of the church, her friends, inlaws, outlaws, and everyone else before she takes some time for herself. Then she sprung the news on me-after 38 years of dying her hair she's sick of it.Wait a minute, she can't have dyed her hair for 38 years she's not that old. Oops. Yes she is.Then I do some math and she's had four kids for over 38 years. Four kids will do that to you.It's not that it looks bad-in fact it's really pretty-very thick and wavy, but it makes her look a little bit more like a Grandma. I guess after nine grandkids(one temp) she's entitled to look like a Grandma. I think the funniest thing is the men. They won't leave her alone. She hasn't opened her own her own car door since she said good bye to Miss Clairol. Forget going to the gas station or hardware store unless you're not on any kind of time schedule.

2 comments:

Stinkydog said...

Tell mom, it's about time! I bet it will look great. Just don't go blue--ha ha.

Kickin' n Screamin' said...

I ditto Lee's comment. As thick as Mom's hair is she will look really pretty with a short bob or something!! But for the record, I have been hiding the 'natural platinum highlights' for at least the last 8 years!!!