Saturday, February 27, 2010

On the other side of the Table

On a recent visit to Walmart, there were Girl Scouts selling cookies. This time I got to be the one walking up to purchase cookies. What a weird feeling.For once, I didn't have to watch the girls, didn't have to balace the money or the total sheets, and didn't have to sit there for hours freezing. These were the cutest-ok almost the cutest(mine were the cutest) girls ever and so, so polite. One said thank you, one said to have a good weekend and one offered to help me to the car(bought that many I did).
Troop 97 doesn't sell cookies anymore. Jessie is in her final semester of college-graduating with two degrees. Briana is working and in a serious relationship and looks to be having the time of her life.Emily is married, going to college, has a new baby girl and she still enjoys running. Nicole is back in Ft.Smith-she's engaged. Beth is going to college and working-she's a senior at UALR.Lauren is a Senior at Bauxite trying to decide what college to attend and she works after school.I miss my girls more than words can say but it sure is nice to enjoy a warm cup of tea and cookies on Friday night.

No comments: