Saturday, March 11, 2017

Little Blessings

Whenever something bad happens, I'm always reminded how lucky and blessed I am. There have been so many people that have come out of the wood work to help with the clean up. One of the best things? Having coffee with my father-in-law first thing in the morning. I don't care how quiet I try to be, he's up before the coffee quits brewing. I've even tried just heating some up in the microwave thinking it's the coffee pot that's waking him up-nope he's up. I think he's up waiting for my alarm to go off. I don't know where he gets the energy either. As I was leaving for work at 6:15 am, he was headed to his house to start working-I know he'll be there until the sun goes down tonight. Our coffee time has become a morning ritual and I'll miss it when he gets back on his feet.
We've also got the dinner time thing going too. Now Chris and Ralph have eaten with us several times, but not every day. I kinda like all four of us sitting down and eating and visiting.  It reminds me of the past and how lucky I've been to do the same thing with my family.
Oh, I know I have to share a bathroom with 3 men (pure hell-I feel for my sister Lee), but these guys are big enough to help around the house so each of them gets a chore from me each day. This girl got it going on.

No comments: