Friday, March 17, 2017

Her Happy Place

Unfortunately late Wednesday night our beloved beagle Bailey crossed the rainbow bridge. Dwight promised that he would bury her the next day so I expected to see fresh dirt under the dogwood tree when I got home Thursday-but that didn't happen. Instead, I found a dirty shovel on the porch and two bouncing weenie dogs. Dwight explained that he had taken them for a car ride and they were still excited. He went on to explain that he had taken them down by the creek to bury Bailey. She was laid to rest where she had her last good rabbit race. In true beagle fashion, Bailey was a rabbit dog through and through and loved to run. I'm not happy that I won't hear her bark through the holler anymore, but a part of me slept better knowing that she would forever be in her "happy place". I'm also glad that her human loved and cherished her enough to make that happen. Meet you on the other side sweet girl.

No comments: