Thursday, December 14, 2023

Incurable

 Incurable cancer. The doctor said the words out loud and made sure that we knew what that meant. That makes it real. Every thing has changed and I hope our experience can teach others. Little arguments are things of the past. We don't have time for such pettiness and it won't matter in the long run. I wake up each day trying to think of something to make my husband smile or feel better. This is probably something I should have been doing all along. Messes? Who gives a duck? As long as things are sanitary. It'll be ok. Each day is a gift. Things don't have to be perfect to be special. I can laugh at the sound his bag makes and make him laugh with me. Laughter is a sound that is better than gold. More precious in my world. He hates depending on me, but maybe I should tell him how much I love, love washing his hair. I wish I had washed his hair long ago. I appreciate everything thing he does and I try to tell him thanks. This too should have happened a long time ago.  I don't feel like we've wasted time, but I think we're just going to focus on what's important.

No comments: