Sunday, December 3, 2023

Crying

 I look at the calendar and it says it's December 3rd. I think back and I'm trying to remember the last day that I haven't cried. I cry because I'm scared of the unknown. I cry to see someone I love hurting so much. It's a wonder I still have tears left. I wonder how many tears the human body is capable of producing. I cry myself to sleep wondering if I'll see the rise and fall of his chest when I wake up. Then I cry tears of relief. I make no apologies.  I've always worn my heart on my sleeve. Sometimes your body needs to cry and I certainly recommend crying over kicking a door. Doors hurt. Sometimes I cry because people are so kind, so caring, and thoughtful.  These tears won't stop no matter how hard I command them to cease. But having so many people lifting you up when life is being so unfair is a good reason to cry. 

No comments: