Monday, February 15, 2021

I've got you babe

 Today I'm working from home. It's nothing unusual to hear a dog whine outside my office door. Usually, I open the door and give them a treat or a quick pat on the head or maybe I have to throw a toy and we're good for another hour or so, but not today. Dixie whined for over two hours and it was driving me batshit crazy. At my lunch, I picked her up and held her and she quieted down-as soon as I put her on the floor she'd start up again. I felt so bad-after all, she just wanted to be held. When my lunch was over, I took her into the office and held her some more. She nestled my neck and was content for quite a while. As things got a little busier, I moved a chair close to me and put her in it. I reach over and scratch her ears as often as I can and she seems content. Sometimes I look over and I see her watching me work. Then, I have to smile and scratch her ears again. I may hold her in my arms, but she holds my heart.

No comments: