Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What's in your voice?

Not so long ago, I had dinner with my son Paul. He talked about school and the work he was doing. He's working so very hard and studying even harder-and all this talk? It wasn't to complain. He's passionate about learning and doing well. I often wonder if he heard that passion in his voice or if he knew about the excitement that seemed to radiate from him. I left that night feeling a little bit better about not seeing him as much as I would like to because he's doing something he loves. I've heard that some people are "called" to do something and if that's true, he's found his calling. Make's a Mama's heart do a happy dance.
Tonight, I talked with my baby Lauren. She's got the same kind of voice that her brother has. The first semester of Nursing School has been a little rough. The class started out with 29 and now they are down to 17. She's been through more than one study partner. I'm praying she keeps up the good grades-I know she can because she talks the same way that Paul does.

No comments: