Sunday, December 31, 2017

Fond Farewell

It's with great sadness that I say good bye to 2017. It's really been a great year. I know it started off a little bit rocky with the tornado rearranging the landscape around us in early March, but no one was killed and friends and family came from all over to help out-many, many thanks to them.
Paul started his first semester as Beth was finishing her last-and not to be outdone, the baby started nursing school too. They've all done extremely well and made this mama prouder than a peacock. I can't believe how smart they are. Spring ended with a great big party-Mike and Kate got married in Michigan. What a wedding! What a trip!
We got to visit with Mary and Dave and eat the most amazing ice cream in North America.
Then, my wonderful husband and I ventured to Niagra Falls and did every touristy thing we could find. He even sprung for a motel that overlooked the Falls-something I will never, ever forget.
We tried poutine and pasties.
I delighted in the fact that my husband is as big of a nerd as I am-so we went to the biggest cuckoo clock and through all the big things in Casey, Il.  We also took our time driving through Amish country and found great cheese and wonderful covered bridges.
Then, we came back to work the garden and start bee hives.
June brought a weekend with my sisters in a yurt. Lee discovered bull frog tadpoles and running elk. Her kids discovered fire and smores. Dad celebrated his 75th and introduced the family to the joys of riding in an argo.
Before I knew it, summer faded into fall and Dwight and I once again hit the road. This time to see the Aspens in Colorado. We saw them-lots of them and took some incredible pictures and revisited Garden of the Gods and Black Canyon of Gunnison. It was quite an adventure as we took the dogs with us and hit snow. Then, we made a stop in Oklahoma and added Harley to our little family.
Not a bad year, but I can't help but wonder what's in store for next year.


No comments: