Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Vacationitist

Vacationitist is the limbo period  just before a trip. It's when you can't sleep more than five hours at a time. You unpack and repack your suitcase to make sure you have enough underwear and socks. There's probably a to do list in every room of the house. Ok, maybe not a complete list of things to do in every room, but definitely a sticky note of some kind. I'd like to give you a preview of where we're going, but to be honest every dang time we make specific plans lately-some thing happens. Going to a party to see friends you haven't seen in several months-stomach virus appears. Planning on going to the river? Rain will come out of nowhere. It's a fact. I have sandals, shorts, tee shirts, and clothes warm enough for snow packed in one suitcase.
I don't really care where we go. That sounds pretty terrible, but I want to relax. Maybe see some pretty scenery. Do something I haven't done before and make some memories.
Wish me luck.

No comments: