Tuesday, September 5, 2017

More adventures in the kitchen

Facebook has this wonderful feed that sponsors little recipes. My youngest thought one would be a good idea and the hubster agreed so "Bacon Wrapped Pickles" were a go.
First step is buying dill pickles. Did you know that there are Kosher Dill? German Dill? Polish Dill? Hungarian Dill?
I settled on Kosher Dill and went with it.
It's pretty easy-take one strip of bacon and wrap it around one spear. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
The recipe needs a little tweaking.
I would have much rather put them on a baking rack where the juices could drain off a little bit. I also like bacon to be done. Really done. So I cooked ours a little longer than 25 minutes-more like 45. All in all, pretty interesting stuff. I think the vinegar in the pickles ate the bacon fat.

No comments: