Saturday, September 7, 2013

Letting go-been there

Someone asked me the other day if I was ready to let my oldest daughter go-because she's getting married. Truth is I let her go awhile back. It's not as if I had a choice or anything. She joined the military and moved on with her life. Sure, I get to take part ever so often but by the time she was 18 she was an adult-all of my kids were. So when she's "given" away at the wedding- it will mean that's really becoming part of another family. Starting her own. I guess I could be nervous for her-but really I think she has a good head on her shoulders in spite of her upbringing. When I cry (not even an if), it will be tears of joy. That she loves someone enough to want to spend the rest of her life with him-and he feels the same way. I hope the day is perfect. I hope the couple feels how much they are loved. My little girl has been gone a long time now. I've watched her become a woman. Now, I get to watch her become a wife. Nothing I can say can prepare her, but what a wonderful crazy ride.

No comments: