Sunday, August 18, 2013

on the road again

Normally, I'm right behind him-but I had to get off to take the picture(and more honestly to stretch my legs). You wouldn't think holding your legs in just one position would be very hard, but it is really hard. The cramps start in your toes around 60 miles then creep up to your calves around mile 80. Then about mile 100 or so your butt gets the cramp. When I can't feel anything, I ask him to pull over and he's pretty good about it so far. I just stand and start to dismount-which is really fun with a numb butt and no feeling in your toes. I know the ground will break my fall and it's there. We've put one thousand miles on the Harley in two weeks. No wonder my butt feels the way it does. It's been a lot of fun and I've learned a ton of valuable information. Let me share:
1. It's perfectly acceptable to answer questions with your mouth closed.
2. Dwight can swallow a bug and not gag. I prefer my protein to come from red meat.
3. You're supposed to wave at other bikers-and I truly hope they understand that at times, I'm hanging on for dear life-and that requires both of my hands. Sorry, no wave.
4.Temperatures can drop 20 to 30 degrees in seconds-just try crossing the White River.
5.Dead skunks are terrible when you drive by them in a car-on a motor cycle they are a wonderful appetite suppressant. (sweet Jesus please don't let him run over a snake)
6. Live squirrels are terrifying little bastards
7. Do not braid your hair to fall over your ears-it makes your helmet fit funny.
8. Do not squeeze the driver full force-even when he takes hair pin turns quickly. He must breathe to drive.
9.Rain at 50 mph hurts.
10. Never, never, ever fully trust the weather forecast.

No comments: