Saturday, June 1, 2013

I cried today

 No, nothing is wrong. These were those other tears that seem to come more recently. It seems even if I have nothing sad in my life I cry when I'm happy. There was an envelope that came in the mail today from NorthArk College. I thought there might be some bill to pay or a transcript for the CNA program that Lauren is preparing to start, but no it's her Associates Degree. My baby girl has a college degree. More happy tears. Three kids and more than three college degrees. I screw a lot of things up, but somewhere a long the line they listened to me about how important education is. I am so proud of all of the kids. I'm remember dropping Lauren off at the college in two casts not too  long ago-she could have given up or flunked that semester, but she didn't. Congratulations Lauren! I promise not to cry on your degree.

No comments: