Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First time? No screwed it up

I read a blog today that asked "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"  It's easier for me to say when I haven't done something for the first time. Today. That's not true. I tried the Campbell chicken noodle soup in a microwaveable bowl(not a fan). Last week-I went to a club that I had never been to-and a complete stranger asked me to dance. I tried a new recipe that was a major success ( and it involved lots of goodies from the garden-major score). I love trying new things-this gets me into a lot of trouble in the kitchen. I know when the hubster isn't happy when he tells me to throw away the recipe (sorry, babe, I kept the one for the "funeral rolls") or to please keep away from pinterest for a while. I think he even blocked pinterest from my smart phone for a couple of days, but I can't prove it and we're up and running so no harm, no foul. I try new makeup combinations. Blue nail polish hasn't been my wisest choice. The peacock eyeshadow combo looked really good with my blue eyes,I look ok as a red head (not brave enough to go pure black). I've dyed, painted, weaved all sorts of things. I've been to places I've never dreamed I'd go-and have plans to keep doing things for the "first time". But,
I've also done things and royally screwed them up-only to learn from my mistakes. I really, really like it when this happens-the learning not the screwing up. There was a carmel cake that had runny icing. You can't do carmel icing when it's really humid. I've made it twice since then and with great success-people literally beg me to make that cake.And the last one even looked pretty! I'm hoping this is a trend because once again. I will attempt to hatch some chickens out of an incubator. Notice I said hatch "chickens" not roosters. I'm set  to do my research again before the eggs go into the incubator. I know I need to keep the humidity constant and drop it at a certain time to sex the eggs. But last time, I didn't do too bad -only three roosters out of fourteen. If I can do that well again, I will be very happy. But a little luck never hurts-send it my way please.

No comments: