Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Revisited

 Because I still have a dozen beautiful roses in the kitchen (in a pretty snazzy vase), I think it's still ok to talk about Valentine's Day. Even if the chocalate in my heart is gone-you seriously didn't think it would survive the weekend did you? It last almost 24 hours (only because I slept eight and worked 12). 
I got  a lot of enjoyment watching Lauren fix dinner for Shane-and it turned out really well. He also fixed dinner for her (on a different night).
I got a little creative-I made eggs sunny side up in a heart shape (used a very large cookie cutter) and made bacon hearts (aka pinterest) to go with it. It looked cute. A whole valentine's breakfast in the shape of hearts for my sweetie. Lauren saw and after she finished laughing, told me I needed to get a life. Her laughter wasn't over-when she asked Dwight about his breakfast he told her it was good. She then asked if he noticed anything "different"-to which he replied yes-she didn't use salt. Apparently, heart shapes are not as noticeable at 3 am. Maybe I can make shamrocks out of bacon too?

No comments: