Sunday, October 16, 2011

Deer season 2011

It's begun. Though officially-it's bow season only until October 22nd when muzzle loader starts. We've been studying the trail camera-and there's two bucks coming to it. A lot of fresh scrapes around the deer stands that we have up-which brings me to my topic-how may deer stands are enough? Apparently, my husband needs one in the morning and another in the evening. So we have four up. Two deer blinds and yet another deer stand on the way. Apparently getting a new deer stand every year was a tradition that I failed to pick up on- I thought the one last year was for me-oh no-just part of the tradition. One every year. It's windy and warm today so we're not really expecting to see anything today, but next weekend it's supposed to be very cold. I've been practicing with the muzzleloader but damn it's heavy-
Dwight says it'll be much lighter after I pull the trigger-he has a sick sense of humor sometimes.

No comments: